The re-use of scientific data has the potential to greatly increase communication, collaboration and synthesis within and among disciplines, and thus fostered, supported and encouraged. Permission to use this dataset is granted to the data user free of charge subject to the following terms:
- Acceptable Use: Use of the dataset will be restricted to academic, research, government or other not-for-profit professional purposes.
- Consultation and Credit to PIs: This dataset took significant time and effort on the part of the PIs. As such, a two-year restriction applies to this dataset from the time the dataset becomes public on December 12, 2018 such that any studies using this dataset need to consult with the PIs for proper use of the data and include Principal Investigator(s) (PI) Muge Komurcu, Matthew Huber and R. P. Acosta as co-authors to any publication resulting from the use of this dataset. Data users are strongly encouraged to consult with Dr. Komurcu who generated this dataset for further information on the data and to ensure correct usage of the dataset. Also, for questions about the data that are not answered in the Northeastern U.S. High Resolution Climate Projections data portal, please contact Muge Komurcu (email@example.com).
- Citation: It is considered a matter of professional ethics to acknowledge the work of other scientists. Thus, the data user will properly attribute the dataset in any publications or in the metadata of any derived data products that were produced using the dataset. The main manuscript describing this dataset, Komurcu et al., 2018, should be cited with any use of this dataset:
Komurcu, M., Emanuel, K. A., Huber, M., & Acosta, R. P. (2018). High‐resolution climate projections for the northeastern United States using dynamical downscaling at convection‐permitting scales. Earth and Space Science, 5. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018EA000426
- Acknowledgment: The data user should acknowledge any institutional support or specific funding awards referenced in the metadata accompanying this dataset in any publications where the dataset contributed to its content. Acknowledgments should identify the supporting party, the party that received the support, and any identifying information such as grant numbers. Please use this acknowledgment statement: "Support for the NH EPSCoR Ecosystems & Society Project is provided by the National Science Foundation's Research Infrastructure Improvement Award # EPS 1101245."
- Notification: The data user will notify the Principal Investigators of any publication or derivative work based on the dataset.
- Disclaimer: While substantial efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of data and documentation contained in this dataset, complete accuracy of data and metadata cannot be guaranteed. All data and metadata are made available "as is". The data user holds all parties involved in the production or distribution of the dataset harmless for damages resulting from its use or interpretation.
- Terms of Agreement: By accepting this dataset, the data user agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement. The data owner shall have the right to terminate this agreement immediately by written notice upon the data user's breach of, or non-compliance with, any of its terms. The data user may be held responsible for any misuse that is caused or encouraged by the data user's failure to abide by the terms of this agreement.